Keeping your blood sugar levels balanced is vital to avoiding diabetes. If you are diabetic, you have to watch your blood sugar levels closely. It is not hard to go off track and develop a diabetic coma. Here are a few ways to keep your blood sugar levels in a normal range.
How To Keep Your Blood Sugar Levels In Check
● The number one factor that affects blood sugar levels is diet. Too many people today make the mistake of not only losing weight but also eating too many simple carbohydrates. This has led to too much carbohydrates turning into glucose which is a form of sugar. Regular exercise can assist you lose weight, increase insulin sensitivity and reduce your risk of developing diabetes.
● There are many factors that affect your blood sugar levels. Too many people don’t like to get up in the mornings and exercise. A good start would be to set an exercise routine and then discuss with your doctor what is the best way to go about it. You may need to lose weight first before you can start to see positive results. Losing a considerable amount of weight will reduce your need for insulin and glucose in your body.
● If you are at risk for developing diabetes, you need to avoid foods that are high in refined sugars. This includes most baked goods, white bread, pastries, some cereals and anything with refined sugars. You may want to check with your doctor to determine which types of carbohydrates you should avoid. In addition, many people are at risk for hyperglycemia, which is a condition of high blood sugar levels that can lead to diabetic coma.
● To keep blood sugar levels normal, you need to make sure that you are getting plenty of whole foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates. To do this, try cutting out things such as refined grains, potatoes, and sugar added foods such as pies, cakes and candy bars. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables is also important, especially dark green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, mustard greens and collard greens. Also drinking plenty of water is a must, at least eight glasses a day.
● Natural herbs like aloe vera or ashwagandha capsule can help regulate blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. According to Aloe vera experts, the plant contains a compound that allows cells to absorb and use glucose. It is thought that the plant has the ability to lower blood sugar levels, which allows the body to use less energy. By drinking aloe vera juice, you can achieve healthy blood sugar control.
● In case of controlling diabetes, ashwagandha extract, herbs or capsule work by influencing the insulin production and insulin sensitivity of the body. It stimulates the insulin secretion in the bloodstream therefore improving the sugar breakdown in the blood. Which means less harmful sugars are stored in the body. The blood sugar levels remain low when you consume ashwagandha supplement over a certain period of time.
How do you keep your blood sugar levels in check? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.